Pumpkin Spice Holiday Nog Cheesecake
- 1 (8-ounce) package Swedish-style gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 ½ cups Jilbert Dairy heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup eggnog
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 325°F. Wrap bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- To make crust, place cookies and cold butter in food processor; pulse until forms fine crumbs. Press mixture on bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- To make filling, in large mixer bowl combine sugar and cream cheese. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Do not overbeat. Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until mixture is smooth. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; continue beating until mixed. Continue beating, gradually adding eggnog, until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour into cooled crust; bake for 90 minutes or until almost firm. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, to make topping, in large mixer bowl beat whipping cream at medium high speed until soft peaks form. Add eggnog and pumpkin pie spice; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop on cheesecake.
Tip: If you don’t have a food processor, place cookies in gallon-sized zip-top food safe bag and tightly seal. Using rolling pin, crush cookies into fine crumbs.