Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups Jilbert Dairy whole milk
- ½ cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons homemade caramel sauce or purchased caramel ice cream topping
- Pinch Maldon sea salt flakes
- Mini marshmallows, caramel sauce, Maldon sea salt flakes, if desired
- In 1-quart saucepan combine milk, chocolate chips, caramel sauce and sea salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate chips are melted. Add additional caramel and salt to flavor level preferred. Use milk frother, hand blender or whisk to fully blend. Pour into mugs; top with mini marshmallows, drizzle of caramel sauce and sprinkle of sea salt flakes, if desired.
Tip: Serve with dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate dipped pretzel sticks for stirring.
Tip: Top with mini marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies or candy canes; serve with mini candy canes for stirring.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.