Instant Oats with Cinnamon, Pears and Pecans
Prep Time 2 min
Cook Time 5 min
1 packet instant or quick-cooking oats
Jilbert whole milk (measured per packet directions)
⅓ cup cottage cheese
½ fresh pear, diced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ + ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup chopped pecans
- Prepare the instant oatmeal according to package directions.
- Once oats are cooked, remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Add brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Place the diced pears in a small bowl and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add to the cooked oats along with the cottage cheese and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired and serve immediately.
Notes: If your pears are slightly under ripe, place them in a brown paper bag and store on your countertop for 1-3 days until they soften. Use the remaining pears for salads, fancied-up grilled cheese sandwiches or simply enjoy fresh slices.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half magazine.