Festive Easter Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) sweet cream butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
½ cup sour cream
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Then mix in egg and sour cream.
Whisk together baking soda, salt, and flour. Then, gradually add flour to dough until dough becomes difficult to stir.
- Put dough onto a floured surface and knead in any remaining flour (dough should no longer be sticky).
Roll the dough out to ¼” to ½” thick, and cut it into 2″ circles and add bunny ear shapes or use a bunny or egg shaped cookie cutter.
Place cookies 1 ½” apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove cookies and place on wire racks to cool.
- Once completely cooled, frost cookies and decorate to look like Easter eggs and bunnies.
- Finally, assemble by filling a glass milk bottle with white milk and placing the egg and bunny cookies at the opening of the milk bottle and add a straw.